On August 17,2012 I ordered a Hampton 48 x 48 Double Bookcase in Pearl White from stacks and Stacks on Amazon.com The order # is 002-9577547-2876255, and the total was $771.I waited three weeks to receive the bookcase, which finally arrived on Thursday 9/6/12.
Stacks and stacks never responded to my emails regarding the delayed delivery...I just happened to receive a notice from UPS that they couldn't contact me! Apparently UPS was given a phone # from stacks and stacks that in no way even resembled my phone # or even had any reference to a NY phone #. When I opened the box I discovered that the bookcase was glaringly damaged. The entire right edge of the bookcase was completely chipped and stripped....beyond the paint being stripped....the wood was exposed and frayed!
I immediately called Stacks and Stacks and spoke with James- who seems to be the one customer rep. for the entire company. He instructed me to send him a digital photo of the damaged product via email (which i did) @ email@example.com. He told me to repack the bookcase in the same box it came in, which I did.
He indicated he will get back to me with instructions regarding the pick up of the item from their carrier, for a return and refund. Since then all I get is his voicemail. My emails are not responded to, nor are my voicemails. I've filed a claim through Amazon and my credit card company (Visa), should this matter not be resolved with the merchant.
In the meantime I have this boxed 130 lb.
hunk of garbage in the middle of my living room.I should have done my research as I've discovered many other disgruntled stacks and stacks customers who've shared their horror stories on customer review sites.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Hampton 48 X 48 Double Bookcase
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Jessica Zamarron of Pink Sugar XO arrested for using stolen credit cards obtained by mail thieves Aret and Frances Frangulyan. They pilfered over 759 credit card statements in their..."
- "For the record, I was a big Dr. Dabber fan. I owned their Ghost. I owned 2 Lights. No issues. I bought a Dr. Dabber Aura because of the magnetics. I..."
- "I bought a pair of Columbia "Titanium" winter boots which feature a waterproof rubber front toe that is sewn to the leather upper material. The weak point of these boots..."
- "I placed an order with Ava's Flowers 373 S Main Street New City NY 10956 for a flower arrangement of a certain style/color scheme (pink/purple multi-colored). the flowers sent..."
- "I bought from outback (takeout) and I received minimal fries and cold rice with my filet. This is completely unacceptable. Was this really worth 22.49? I think not. This will be..."
- "Interstate is a Regional Transportation company providing superior regional, next-day ground services through a network spanning the Northeastern United States, Quebec, Canada and Puerto Rico. Interstate is considered an..."
- "I went to nearby 7-11 at my area blk 641 I grab my stuff and waited for the casher to scan instead of coming to me straight he finish his..."
- "With fashion, food, architecture JESSE KEYES with KAROLINZ ZMARLAK, 1 7th AVENUE SOUTH and LA ESQUINA, are all superb businesses. So happy to be partners with them. We have been..."
- "Tried to order a watch online from replicahaus.ca for my daughter for Christmas. They sent the wrong watch and tried to tell me I was the one who screwed up..."