On August 17,2012 I ordered a Hampton 48 x 48 Double Bookcase in Pearl White from stacks and Stacks on Amazon.com The order # is 002-9577547-2876255, and the total was $771. I waited three weeks to receive the bookcase, which finally arrived on Thursday 9/6/12.

Stacks and stacks never responded to my emails regarding the delayed delivery...I just happened to receive a notice from UPS that they couldn't contact me! Apparently UPS was given a phone # from stacks and stacks that in no way even resembled my phone # or even had any reference to a NY phone #. When I opened the box I discovered that the bookcase was glaringly damaged. The entire right edge of the bookcase was completely chipped and stripped....beyond the paint being stripped....the wood was exposed and frayed!

I immediately called Stacks and Stacks and spoke with James- who seems to be the one customer rep. for the entire company. He instructed me to send him a digital photo of the damaged product via email (which i did) @ james@stacksandstacks.com. He told me to repack the bookcase in the same box it came in, which I did.

He indicated he will get back to me with instructions regarding the pick up of the item from their carrier, for a return and refund. Since then all I get is his voicemail. My emails are not responded to, nor are my voicemails. I've filed a claim through Amazon and my credit card company (Visa), should this matter not be resolved with the merchant.

In the meantime I have this boxed 130 lb.

hunk of garbage in the middle of my living room. I should have done my research as I've discovered many other disgruntled stacks and stacks customers who've shared their horror stories on customer review sites.

Comments