On August 17,2012 I ordered a Hampton 48 x 48 Double Bookcase in Pearl White from stacks and Stacks on Amazon.com The order # is 002-9577547-2876255, and the total was $771.I waited three weeks to receive the bookcase, which finally arrived on Thursday 9/6/12.
Stacks and stacks never responded to my emails regarding the delayed delivery...I just happened to receive a notice from UPS that they couldn't contact me! Apparently UPS was given a phone # from stacks and stacks that in no way even resembled my phone # or even had any reference to a NY phone #. When I opened the box I discovered that the bookcase was glaringly damaged. The entire right edge of the bookcase was completely chipped and stripped....beyond the paint being stripped....the wood was exposed and frayed!
I immediately called Stacks and Stacks and spoke with James- who seems to be the one customer rep. for the entire company. He instructed me to send him a digital photo of the damaged product via email (which i did) @ email@example.com. He told me to repack the bookcase in the same box it came in, which I did.
He indicated he will get back to me with instructions regarding the pick up of the item from their carrier, for a return and refund. Since then all I get is his voicemail. My emails are not responded to, nor are my voicemails. I've filed a claim through Amazon and my credit card company (Visa), should this matter not be resolved with the merchant.
In the meantime I have this boxed 130 lb.
hunk of garbage in the middle of my living room.I should have done my research as I've discovered many other disgruntled stacks and stacks customers who've shared their horror stories on customer review sites.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Hampton 48 X 48 Double Bookcase
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I bought two pocket hoses. One of 25' on August 3, 2013 and another one of 50' in July 20, 2013. I paid for both $29.97 without tax. Both..."
- "I have been selling GreenSmoke e-cigs as an affiliate for approximately 3 years. Toward the end of December, I was contacted by GreenSmoke saying my affiliate account was to be..."
- "For the record, I was a big Dr. Dabber fan. I owned their Ghost. I owned 2 Lights. No issues. I bought a Dr. Dabber Aura because of the magnetics. I..."
- "I bought from outback (takeout) and I received minimal fries and cold rice with my filet. This is completely unacceptable. Was this really worth 22.49? I think not. This will be..."
- "Interstate is a Regional Transportation company providing superior regional, next-day ground services through a network spanning the Northeastern United States, Quebec, Canada and Puerto Rico. Interstate is considered an..."
- "I applied for a refinance of my home to get the payments down. After all was said and done without wind damage [insurance I don't need and they don't require..."
- "I ordered mats for my kitchen from a daily deal. When they came (I like the rugs. They were what I expected) they came postage due for $5.85. There was..."
- "In less then a month I went from size 20 to size 16! I have more energy, less back and hip pain, and I find myself smiling more often. The..."
- "My first purchase from this internet company of a 17.00 Hummingbird Feeder with a nearly $12.00 S&H charge, of which is 70 % of the cost. For some unknown reason, the..."